Have evidence of RSS` involvement in terror attacks: Union Home Secretary
New Delhi: Home Secretary RK Singh on Tuesday said that intelligence agencies had the names of at least ten persons involved in
Samjhauta Express, Mecca Masjid and Dargah Sharif blasts who were associated with RSS.
"Yes, during investigation of Samjhauta Express, Mecca Masjid and (Ajmer) Dargah Sharif blasts, we have found at least 10 names who have been associated with the RSS at some point or the other," he told reporters.
Singh was replying to a question on whether government has any evidence linking RSS with any person involved in any terrorist strike anywhere in the country as claimed by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
"We have evidence against them. There are statements of witnesses," he said.
The Home Secretary also made public the names of the ten persons who were allegedly involved in terror attacks and also had links with RSS.
The names given out by Singh included that of Sunil Joshi (dead), who was allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express and Ajmer Sharif Dargah blasts. He was an "activist of RSS" in Dewas and Mhow from 1990s to 2003.
Sandeep Dange (absconding), who was allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express and Mecca Masjid and Ajmer Sharif Dargah explosions. He was "RSS pracharak" in Mhow, Indore, Uttarkashi and Sajhapur from 1990s to 2006.
The Home Secretary also named Lokesh Sharma (arrested)
who was allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express and Mecca Masjid blasts. He was RSS `nagar karyavahak` in Deogarh.
Swami Assemanand (arrested), allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express, Mecca Masjid and Ajmer Sharif Dargah blasts. He was "associated with RSS wing Vanavashi Kalyan Parishad" in Dang, Gujarat in 1990s to 2007.
Rajender alias Samunder (arrested), allegedly involved in Samjhauta and Mecca Masjid blasts. He was "RSS Varg Vistarak".
Mukesh Vasani (arrested), allegedly involved in Ajmer Sharif Dargah blast.
He was an "activist of RSS" in Godhra.
Devender Gupta (arrested), allegedly involved in Mecca Masjid blast, was a "RSS pracharak" in Mhow and Indore.
Chandrasekhar Leve (arrested), allegedly involved in Mecca Masjid, was a "RSS pracharak" in Shajhanpur in 2007.
Kamal Chouhan (arrested), allegedly involved in Samjhauta and Mecca Masjid explosions was a "RSS activist".
Ramji Kalsangra (absconding), allegedly involved in Samjhauta Express and Mecca Masjid blasts, was a "RSS associate".
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had on Sunday stoked a controversy by accusing BJP and RSS of conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism", setting off an angry reaction from the saffron parties which demanded an apology from Sonia Gandhi.
"One on hand we are trying to bring peace in this country. We are also taking steps against injustice to minorities as also against infiltration. But, in the midst of all this, we have got an investigation report that be it the RSS or BJP, their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism. We are keeping a strict vigil on all this," Mr Shinde had said at the AICC session in Jaipur.
He had said taht bombs were planted in Samjhauta express, Mecca Masjid and also a blast was carried out in Malegaon. In all these incidents, the involvement of right-wing extremist groups is suspected.
"We will have to think about it seriously and will have to remain alert," he had further added.
Attacking Shinde, BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi had told reporters in Delhi, "Their (Congress`) destructive mindset is reflected in the statement of the Home Minister. The statement he has given at the Chintan Shivir is very objectionable. It`s not only unacceptable but also dangerous."
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla