Have said all I wanted to: Army Chief
New Delhi: Army Chief General VK Singh on Friday refused to speak on the controversies surrounding him, saying he has already said everything he wanted to.
The Army Chief was asked for a comment, after he attended a defence function here.
He said: “There’s nothing left to speak on these matters.”
Gen Singh’s recent revelations on the bribe offer made to him and the armed forces’ preparedness, among others, have led to a situation which many are referring to as a confrontation between the Army Chief and Defence Minister.
Gen Singh had yesterday issued a brief statement, saying attempts were being made to tar his image.
Earlier, speaking at the function, the Army Chief emphasised on the need to have indigenous products in the armed forces.
Gen Singh said that the country imports 70 percent of its defence equipments, adding it is necessary to be more self-reliant and produce indigenous products.
The Army Chief pitched for a bigger role for private companies in defence manufacturing.
He also stressed on joint ventures, saying it must stretch to joint design and production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden