Have said all I wanted to: Army Chief
New Delhi: Army Chief General VK Singh on Friday refused to speak on the controversies surrounding him, saying he has already said everything he wanted to.
The Army Chief was asked for a comment, after he attended a defence function here.
He said: “There’s nothing left to speak on these matters.”
Gen Singh’s recent revelations on the bribe offer made to him and the armed forces’ preparedness, among others, have led to a situation which many are referring to as a confrontation between the Army Chief and Defence Minister.
Gen Singh had yesterday issued a brief statement, saying attempts were being made to tar his image.
Earlier, speaking at the function, the Army Chief emphasised on the need to have indigenous products in the armed forces.
Gen Singh said that the country imports 70 percent of its defence equipments, adding it is necessary to be more self-reliant and produce indigenous products.
The Army Chief pitched for a bigger role for private companies in defence manufacturing.
He also stressed on joint ventures, saying it must stretch to joint design and production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan