Have taken Pune blasts very seriously: Shinde
New Delhi/Pune: Newly-appointed Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday said that a National Investigation Agency (NIA) team is in Pune to investigate four co-ordinated low-intensity explosions that struck the city last night.
The serial explosions on the crowded Junglee Maharaj road had left one person injured.
Shinde, who has a huge task at hand as the blast occurred on the day he took over as India’s home minister, said that the officials and investigators have taken Pune blasts very seriously.
He, however, added that the blasts were not a terror attack.
Speaking to reporters, Shinde said it was not right for him to say anything on the matter right now as an investigation was underway.
“We will investigate and then say anything,” he said.
Shinde, who took over as the Home Minister from P Chidambaram yesterday only, said he would not be going to Pune.
The Pune blasts took place within 12 hours of him assuming charge.
Notably, Shinde was scheduled to be in Pune last night to attend a function at Tilak Memorial; but he called off his plans after the explosions.
He also convened a high-level meeting today to assess the security situation in the country.
The meeting was attended by Home Secretary RK Singh and senior officials from intelligence agencies like RAW and IB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing