Have turned down invitation to rejoin BJP: Kalyan
Lucknow: Terming the BJP as a "dead snake", former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and leader of Jan Kranti Party, Kalyan Singh, on Thursday claimed that he had turned down an invitation to return to his old party.
"BJP president Nitin Gadkari had separately sent three senior leaders with two proposals including one to return to the BJP with responsibility to lead it and the second to have seat adjustments for the 2012 Assembly Elections," Singh told newspersons here.
"I made it clear that both the proposals were not acceptable and I will never return to the BJP," he said, terming the party as a "dead snake" to which he would neither cling nor put around his neck.
Singh, who floated Jan Kranti Party after leaving BJP in 2009, said the leaders who met him were state unit president Surya Pratap Shahi, in-charge of election management Sanjay Joshi and Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath.
Lashing out at the BJP for its stand on the issue of corruption, he said it had no moral right to speak on the issue.
Singh also demanded a CBI inquiry into the mining contracts allotted to the sons of a senior BJP leader from Uttar Pradesh in Chhattishgarh and Jharkhand - both states ruled by BJP.
He ridiculed the proposed rath yatra by BJP leader LK Advani, saying such yatras have now lost meaning and have become customary. Advani`s yatra will make no difference as people have lost faith in the party, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends