Have your own assessment: Pranab on Modi`s remarks
Onboard Special Aircraft: "You have your own assessment," President Pranab Mukherjee said on Tuesday night on being asked about Narendra Modi`s comments that he would have been a better choice as Prime Minister than Manmohan Singh.
The cryptic one liner came when reporters accompanying him back from his three-day state visit to Bangladesh put the poser.
Modi had while addressing the BJP conclave on Sunday suggested that Mukherjee, a veteran Congress leader who became the President last July, could have been a better Prime Minister.
"Had Pranab Mukherjee been made the Prime Minister in place of Manmohan Singh then perhaps there would not have suffered so much damage as he is more connected to the ground, understands the problems and can think about the solutions," the Gujarat Chief Minister had said.
".... But if Mukherjee had been successful then the worry of Congress was what will happen to the (Gandhi) family. So they put the country in the hands of somebody as a night watchman," he had said amidst his strong attack on the Congress rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video