Haven`t thought of bringing no-trust motion: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Thursday said it has not thought of bringing a no-confidence motion against the UPA government following withdrawal of support by Trinamool Congress.
BJP president Nitin Gadkari said "we have not thought of bringing any no confidence motion".
He told reporters here that BJP will not be responsible for bringing down the government and it "may fall in natural course due to its own deeds".
"It is not just the job of the opposition to make this government fall. The government may fall because of its own deeds... In natural course. We will not be responsible for it...The party in rule should worry about it. We do not want to do anything to make this government fall," the BJP president said.
On the possibility of a mid-term poll and whether BJP is ready for it, he said "there is no confusion in BJP. Whenever elections come, we are ready to fight anyone...We will not be responsible for mid-term polls if they happen...We are neither after this government`s fall nor are we protecting it. This is UPAs own problem."
Asked about the party`s demand for convening of a special session of Parliament, he said "our leader L K Advani has talked about convening of the special session of Parliament. I have discussed it with him. It is in context with the then Finance Minister`s promise in Parliament that FDI in retail will not be brought in without a consensus with all stakeholders. By deciding to implement the decision after making a commitment in Parliament is like betrayal with the people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!