Haven’t thought of entering politics: VK Singh
Ranchi: Retired Army chief Gen V K Singh on Saturday said he had not given thought to entering politics while it would be his endeavour to create awareness among the people to send `545 good people` to the Lok Sabha for corruption free governance.
"I have not thought anything on that (entering politics) ... But I will try to create awareness among the people to send 545 good people to the Lok Sabha. They alone can shape the country’s future," Singh told reporters when asked whether he would enter politics.
Asked if he was keeping the doors open for entering politics, his reply was the same.
Questioned whether he considered himself as one of the `545 good people`, Singh replied "there are a large number of good people who can be sent to Parliament."
Asked about the disarray in Team Anna, Singh said he believed even if Arvind Kejriwal and Anna Hazare went their separate ways their purpose was the same.
"Their issues are the same. Maybe, Anna Hazare has to take a different course with his movement now," he said.
On the apprehensions and allegations against the army like troop movement and secret funds, Singh dismissed them as a bundle of lies.
"Does anyone know about Army’s secret funds? If you don’t get anything wrong to write, you have to invent one,” Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery