Having biryani with Hafiz Saeed is no patriotism, says VHP on Vaidik issue
Indore: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said meeting a terrorist such as Hafiz Saeed was not a patriotic act.
"Journalist like him should think whether it was right to meet the chief of a terror outfit. Having a cup of tea and biryani with Saeed is not patriotism," VHP International working president told reporters here when asked about the controversial meeting of senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik with Saeed, the Pakistan-based terrorist group head.
The VHP leader also said "we expect from the Centre that if India`s relations with Pakistan improve, it would ensure Saeed`s extradition. This will ensure that terrorism against India from that country is curbed."
To another question, Togadia said BJP`s manifesto promised construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya, common civil code and abrogation of Article 370, and VHP believed the party would keep the promises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened