Having biryani with Hafiz Saeed is no patriotism, says VHP on Vaidik issue
Indore: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said meeting a terrorist such as Hafiz Saeed was not a patriotic act.
"Journalist like him should think whether it was right to meet the chief of a terror outfit. Having a cup of tea and biryani with Saeed is not patriotism," VHP International working president told reporters here when asked about the controversial meeting of senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik with Saeed, the Pakistan-based terrorist group head.
The VHP leader also said "we expect from the Centre that if India`s relations with Pakistan improve, it would ensure Saeed`s extradition. This will ensure that terrorism against India from that country is curbed."
To another question, Togadia said BJP`s manifesto promised construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya, common civil code and abrogation of Article 370, and VHP believed the party would keep the promises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH