Having biryani with Hafiz Saeed is no patriotism, says VHP on Vaidik issue
Indore: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said meeting a terrorist such as Hafiz Saeed was not a patriotic act.
"Journalist like him should think whether it was right to meet the chief of a terror outfit. Having a cup of tea and biryani with Saeed is not patriotism," VHP International working president told reporters here when asked about the controversial meeting of senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik with Saeed, the Pakistan-based terrorist group head.
The VHP leader also said "we expect from the Centre that if India`s relations with Pakistan improve, it would ensure Saeed`s extradition. This will ensure that terrorism against India from that country is curbed."
To another question, Togadia said BJP`s manifesto promised construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya, common civil code and abrogation of Article 370, and VHP believed the party would keep the promises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Have you ever encountered death? These people did and were lucky to survive it – Watch
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open