Having biryani with Hafiz Saeed is no patriotism, says VHP on Vaidik issue
Indore: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday said meeting a terrorist such as Hafiz Saeed was not a patriotic act.
"Journalist like him should think whether it was right to meet the chief of a terror outfit. Having a cup of tea and biryani with Saeed is not patriotism," VHP International working president told reporters here when asked about the controversial meeting of senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik with Saeed, the Pakistan-based terrorist group head.
The VHP leader also said "we expect from the Centre that if India`s relations with Pakistan improve, it would ensure Saeed`s extradition. This will ensure that terrorism against India from that country is curbed."
To another question, Togadia said BJP`s manifesto promised construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya, common civil code and abrogation of Article 370, and VHP believed the party would keep the promises.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi