Hawala kingpin Naresh to be booked under PML, Passport Acts
New Delhi: Alleged hawala kingpin Naresh
Kumar Jain, arrested for allegedly laundering drug money and
financing narcotics cartels, is likely to be booked under the
Prevention of Money Laundering Act soon.
Arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau, Jain, alleged
to have laundered money for global terrorist Dawood Ibrahim,
was also likely to be booked for violations of the Passport
Act also, official sources said.
Jain, earlier arrested in Dubai two years back following
a sting operation by American and European security agencies
and had jumped bail, is understood to have told interrogators
about his alleged involvement with international drug cartels.
The sources said he has given statement under Section 27
(A) and 24 of the NDPS Act, which is admissible in court.
Jain was arrested on Sunday following a joint operation
by the NCB and the Enforcement Directorate, which had booked
him in September under Foreign Exchange Management Act.
The ED had then described him as the "undisputed hawala
king" who is alleged to have illegal payment network of over
Rs 5,000 crore.
Jain after jumping bail in Dubai had come to India via
Nepal in February this year as his passport was confiscated
and hence is also likely to be booked under the Passport Act
too since anyone who goes out of the country through a
passport has to come back the same way as per rule, the
Directorate of Revenue Intelligence besides central
security agencies are also being roped in to investigate the
network of the "big catch".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read