Hazare asks people to write and enroll for next agitation
Mumbai: Anna Hazare on Wednesday called on the people to register themselves for the next round of `Jan Andolan` (agitation) which he said would be launched after the dates of Lok Sabha polls were announced.
"Start writing letters to us about your participation in the Jan Andolan from tomorrow, so that we will have a sense of it. We will prepare you," Hazare said, addressing a public meeting against corruption at the Vishnudas Bhave auditorium in neighbouring Vashi this evening.
He asked the people to send letters about their participation plans to his Ralegan Siddhi address. The anti-corruption crusader is currently touring the state to campaign for a stronger Lokayukta Act for Maharashtra.
"The Ministers who are entrusted with the job of enacting strong laws are not doing their job. They are busy acquiring the lands," he said.
"Due to the increasing corruption and the price rise it has become difficult for the common man to survive," he said.
"Some people think that I speak only against them. But if that was the case, six ministers would not have gone to jail (for corruption)," Hazare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad