Hazare asks people to write and enroll for next agitation
Mumbai: Anna Hazare on Wednesday called on the people to register themselves for the next round of `Jan Andolan` (agitation) which he said would be launched after the dates of Lok Sabha polls were announced.
"Start writing letters to us about your participation in the Jan Andolan from tomorrow, so that we will have a sense of it. We will prepare you," Hazare said, addressing a public meeting against corruption at the Vishnudas Bhave auditorium in neighbouring Vashi this evening.
He asked the people to send letters about their participation plans to his Ralegan Siddhi address. The anti-corruption crusader is currently touring the state to campaign for a stronger Lokayukta Act for Maharashtra.
"The Ministers who are entrusted with the job of enacting strong laws are not doing their job. They are busy acquiring the lands," he said.
"Due to the increasing corruption and the price rise it has become difficult for the common man to survive," he said.
"Some people think that I speak only against them. But if that was the case, six ministers would not have gone to jail (for corruption)," Hazare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble