Hazare asks people to write and enroll for next agitation
Mumbai: Anna Hazare on Wednesday called on the people to register themselves for the next round of `Jan Andolan` (agitation) which he said would be launched after the dates of Lok Sabha polls were announced.
"Start writing letters to us about your participation in the Jan Andolan from tomorrow, so that we will have a sense of it. We will prepare you," Hazare said, addressing a public meeting against corruption at the Vishnudas Bhave auditorium in neighbouring Vashi this evening.
He asked the people to send letters about their participation plans to his Ralegan Siddhi address. The anti-corruption crusader is currently touring the state to campaign for a stronger Lokayukta Act for Maharashtra.
"The Ministers who are entrusted with the job of enacting strong laws are not doing their job. They are busy acquiring the lands," he said.
"Due to the increasing corruption and the price rise it has become difficult for the common man to survive," he said.
"Some people think that I speak only against them. But if that was the case, six ministers would not have gone to jail (for corruption)," Hazare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured