Hazare backs Kejriwal over remarks against MPs
Pune: Social activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday
claimed his teammate Arvind Kejriwal had "concrete proof"
regarding charges of corruption against parliamentarians and
it was up to the Lok Sabha Speaker to conduct an inquiry into
"Arvind has told me that he has concrete proof about
charges of corruption in respect of parliamentarians.
Parliament is a sacred temple of democracy and therefore these
charges should be inquired into by the Speaker," he told a
Marathi TV channel at his native village Ralegan Siddhi near
here after returning from Delhi.
Hazare also said if Kejriwal was found guilty in the
inquiry, he too can be punished.
"It is not a question about Anna Hazare. People are
suffering from price rise because of corrupt practices and
their patience is being tested. We have to think of the
consequences if corrupt persons enter Parliament," the 74-year
-old Gandhian said.
The veteran social activist had undertaken a day-long
fast in the national capital on March 25 to demand adequate
protection for whistleblowers fighting corruption.
Kejriwal, a Magsaysay Award winner, had alleged many MPs
were corrupt and faced a slew of criminal charges.
His remarks were widely condemned in Parliament by all
MPs cutting across party lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why