Hazare like Krishna; will rid us of corruption
Mumbai: Supporters of Anna Hazare gathered
here to participate in the three-day fast for a strong Lokpal
look upon him as an avatar of Lord Krishna, who will release
the country from the clutches of corruption.
Ashwini and Arti from Powai said, "We principally agree
with what Anna says...So coming here was our way of expressing
support and solidarity." The two women do not plan to stay
overnight but will return tomorrow.
Those from outside Mumbai like Manoharlal Chaurasia from
Bhopal, who will fast with Hazare, says he would be backing
the Gandhian fully for a strong Janlokpal.
"He wants the CBI and PM to be under Lokpal. I am fed up
with corruption. I had to pay bribe to lawyers and judges and
police. When I heard Anna, I felt he was voicing my feelings,"
Vijay Pulaste and Satyanarayan Panchal, who have come
from Haryana, Sunil Arya and Nano Varma from Delhi, do not
want Hazare to plunge into politics.
"We are impressed with the `tyag aur samarpan`
(renunciation and dedication) of Anna. We believe in the
`Rananiti` (strategy) of Kejriwal and leadership of Anna.
Congress has created the existing system for the plunderers
and not for the common man," said Pulaste.
Panchal said people were disillusioned with Parliament
because it was not heeding `Lokbhavna` (public sentiment).
"If people`s sentiments are not respected, they will
be forced to look for other alternatives. For us Anna is like
Lord Krishna who will rid the country of the evil of
corruption," said Sunil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan