Hazare loses four kgs, hunger strike enters sixth day
Ralegan Siddhi: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare`s indefinite hunger strike here for passage in Parliament of Jan Lokpal Bill entered sixth day on Sunday.
"Anna has lost four kgs since the fast began," his aide Suresh Pathare said.
Former Union Minister Balasaheb Vikhe-Patil today met Hazare and expressed his solidarity.
"I came to meet Hazare in my personal capacity. I request all parties to support his agitation and ensure the bill is passed in the Parliament," Vikhe-Patil said.
While Hazare has appreciated the amended draft Lokpal bill presented in the Rajya Sabha, his one-time protege Arvind Kejriwal has dismissed it as "jokepal".
"I accept it completely. If this bill is passed, I will end my fast. The bill will help the poor people of this country," Hazare had said yesterday.
While Kejriwal tweeted his opposition, "I`m really surprised. How can Anna accept sarkari Lokpal Bill? Sarkari Lokpal is a jokepal. Who is misguiding him? Whatever he may say, we will continue our fight for Jan Lokpal Bill till our last breath," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter