Hazare loses four kgs, hunger strike enters sixth day
Ralegan Siddhi: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare`s indefinite hunger strike here for passage in Parliament of Jan Lokpal Bill entered sixth day on Sunday.
"Anna has lost four kgs since the fast began," his aide Suresh Pathare said.
Former Union Minister Balasaheb Vikhe-Patil today met Hazare and expressed his solidarity.
"I came to meet Hazare in my personal capacity. I request all parties to support his agitation and ensure the bill is passed in the Parliament," Vikhe-Patil said.
While Hazare has appreciated the amended draft Lokpal bill presented in the Rajya Sabha, his one-time protege Arvind Kejriwal has dismissed it as "jokepal".
"I accept it completely. If this bill is passed, I will end my fast. The bill will help the poor people of this country," Hazare had said yesterday.
While Kejriwal tweeted his opposition, "I`m really surprised. How can Anna accept sarkari Lokpal Bill? Sarkari Lokpal is a jokepal. Who is misguiding him? Whatever he may say, we will continue our fight for Jan Lokpal Bill till our last breath," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks
- Biopic should be made on PT Usha, says Sonam Kapoor