Hazare loses four kgs, hunger strike enters sixth day
Ralegan Siddhi: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare`s indefinite hunger strike here for passage in Parliament of Jan Lokpal Bill entered sixth day on Sunday.
"Anna has lost four kgs since the fast began," his aide Suresh Pathare said.
Former Union Minister Balasaheb Vikhe-Patil today met Hazare and expressed his solidarity.
"I came to meet Hazare in my personal capacity. I request all parties to support his agitation and ensure the bill is passed in the Parliament," Vikhe-Patil said.
While Hazare has appreciated the amended draft Lokpal bill presented in the Rajya Sabha, his one-time protege Arvind Kejriwal has dismissed it as "jokepal".
"I accept it completely. If this bill is passed, I will end my fast. The bill will help the poor people of this country," Hazare had said yesterday.
While Kejriwal tweeted his opposition, "I`m really surprised. How can Anna accept sarkari Lokpal Bill? Sarkari Lokpal is a jokepal. Who is misguiding him? Whatever he may say, we will continue our fight for Jan Lokpal Bill till our last breath," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?