Hazare protests: Dikshit meets PM
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Tuesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and discussed the situation arising out of Anna Hazare`s fast demanding a strong Lokpal here.
Dikshit is understood to have expressed concern over the situation arising out of Hazare`s campaign, sources said.
The Chief Minister is believed to have expressed concern over protesters staging demonstrations outside residences of political leaders.
Sources said the Prime Minister stressed on the need to find a solution to the issue.
Dikshit had yesterday said serious efforts are underway to resolve the issue.
"Serious efforts are on to find a solution. The Prime Minister has already spoken about it. The government is working on it (to find a solution)," Dikshit had said.
Asked whether she shared the views of her son and Delhi MP Sandip Dikshit that it was wrong on part of Delhi Police to arrest Hazare, she refused to give a direct reply.
"That stage is already over. Now we will have to find solution to the problem," she said.
The East Delhi MP last week had said that the Gandhian should not have been arrested by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened