Hazare protests: Dikshit meets PM
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Tuesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and discussed the situation arising out of Anna Hazare`s fast demanding a strong Lokpal here.
Dikshit is understood to have expressed concern over the situation arising out of Hazare`s campaign, sources said.
The Chief Minister is believed to have expressed concern over protesters staging demonstrations outside residences of political leaders.
Sources said the Prime Minister stressed on the need to find a solution to the issue.
Dikshit had yesterday said serious efforts are underway to resolve the issue.
"Serious efforts are on to find a solution. The Prime Minister has already spoken about it. The government is working on it (to find a solution)," Dikshit had said.
Asked whether she shared the views of her son and Delhi MP Sandip Dikshit that it was wrong on part of Delhi Police to arrest Hazare, she refused to give a direct reply.
"That stage is already over. Now we will have to find solution to the problem," she said.
The East Delhi MP last week had said that the Gandhian should not have been arrested by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption