Hazare protests: Dikshit meets PM
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Tuesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and discussed the situation arising out of Anna Hazare`s fast demanding a strong Lokpal here.
Dikshit is understood to have expressed concern over the situation arising out of Hazare`s campaign, sources said.
The Chief Minister is believed to have expressed concern over protesters staging demonstrations outside residences of political leaders.
Sources said the Prime Minister stressed on the need to find a solution to the issue.
Dikshit had yesterday said serious efforts are underway to resolve the issue.
"Serious efforts are on to find a solution. The Prime Minister has already spoken about it. The government is working on it (to find a solution)," Dikshit had said.
Asked whether she shared the views of her son and Delhi MP Sandip Dikshit that it was wrong on part of Delhi Police to arrest Hazare, she refused to give a direct reply.
"That stage is already over. Now we will have to find solution to the problem," she said.
The East Delhi MP last week had said that the Gandhian should not have been arrested by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in