Hazare provided `Z` category security
Mumbai: Social activist Anna Hazare has been provided with `Z` category security, a senior police official said on Saturday.
"Hazare has been provided Z category security three days ago," Ahmednagar district SP Krishna Prakash told a news agency over phone.
Asked about reports that the anti-corruption crusader had rejected the security cover, the IPS officer said, "It is not true that he has rejected the security. What he told us is that he does not need the security.
"He said, he never wanted any type of security cover and that he likes to mingle among people and does not perceive any threat," Krishna Prakash said.
Earlier, there were two persons, who were part of Hazare`s security. After the Z category cover was provided, now there are four guards and two PSOs protecting Hazare round the clock, he said.
"Whenever Hazare will leave his village Ralegan Siddhi, there will be a squad vehicle, which will travel with him," the senior police officer said.
The 74-year-old Gandhian addressed a gram sabha at his village in western Maharashtra in his first public appearance after being discharged from a Gurgaon hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning