Hazare provided `Z` category security
Mumbai: Social activist Anna Hazare has been provided with `Z` category security, a senior police official said on Saturday.
"Hazare has been provided Z category security three days ago," Ahmednagar district SP Krishna Prakash told a news agency over phone.
Asked about reports that the anti-corruption crusader had rejected the security cover, the IPS officer said, "It is not true that he has rejected the security. What he told us is that he does not need the security.
"He said, he never wanted any type of security cover and that he likes to mingle among people and does not perceive any threat," Krishna Prakash said.
Earlier, there were two persons, who were part of Hazare`s security. After the Z category cover was provided, now there are four guards and two PSOs protecting Hazare round the clock, he said.
"Whenever Hazare will leave his village Ralegan Siddhi, there will be a squad vehicle, which will travel with him," the senior police officer said.
The 74-year-old Gandhian addressed a gram sabha at his village in western Maharashtra in his first public appearance after being discharged from a Gurgaon hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city