Hazare provided `Z` category security
Mumbai: Social activist Anna Hazare has been provided with `Z` category security, a senior police official said on Saturday.
"Hazare has been provided Z category security three days ago," Ahmednagar district SP Krishna Prakash told a news agency over phone.
Asked about reports that the anti-corruption crusader had rejected the security cover, the IPS officer said, "It is not true that he has rejected the security. What he told us is that he does not need the security.
"He said, he never wanted any type of security cover and that he likes to mingle among people and does not perceive any threat," Krishna Prakash said.
Earlier, there were two persons, who were part of Hazare`s security. After the Z category cover was provided, now there are four guards and two PSOs protecting Hazare round the clock, he said.
"Whenever Hazare will leave his village Ralegan Siddhi, there will be a squad vehicle, which will travel with him," the senior police officer said.
The 74-year-old Gandhian addressed a gram sabha at his village in western Maharashtra in his first public appearance after being discharged from a Gurgaon hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured