`Hazare should focus on corruption not politics`
Anand: Union Minister Praful Patel on Sunday asked Anna Hazare to stay focused on his objective of a corruption free India, instead of interfering in politics.
"I believe that a social reformer or activist should keep his objective limited to social issues and should not interfere in politics," Patel told reporters after
inaugurating a school in Ransol village here.
"It is not right on Hazare`s part to interfere in
politics because if he does this he would not succeed in his
main goal. People of the country believe in him because he has
stayed away from politics," he added.
The NCP leader was reacting to the Gandhian`s reported
statement that he would campaign against the Congress if the
Jan Lokpal Bill was not passed in the winter session of
The Union Minister for Heavy Industries and Public
Enterprise said the BJP should introspect first before raising
the issue of corruption as some of its party-men were
themselves accused in graft cases.
"The party, whose members are themselves facing
corruption charges and whose Chief Minister (referring to
former Karnataka CM B S Yeddyurappa) has recently come out of
jail, need to first introspect if they can speak on the
issue," he said.
"If they (BJP) can speak they should know what to speak.
We do not need to advise them on this," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- File chargesheet against Chhota Rajan in Dey murder case by Aug 5, court tells CBI
- Swimming's governing body FINA bans seven Russians from participating at Rio Olympics
- Not liable to repay Rs 6,000 crore debt due to breach of terms: Kingfisher Airlines
- Pakistan assures China of 'smooth progress' of economic corridor
- Ajit Jogi opens new front against Congress over Mahanadi dam