`Hazare should focus on corruption not politics`
Anand: Union Minister Praful Patel on Sunday asked Anna Hazare to stay focused on his objective of a corruption free India, instead of interfering in politics.
"I believe that a social reformer or activist should keep his objective limited to social issues and should not interfere in politics," Patel told reporters after
inaugurating a school in Ransol village here.
"It is not right on Hazare`s part to interfere in
politics because if he does this he would not succeed in his
main goal. People of the country believe in him because he has
stayed away from politics," he added.
The NCP leader was reacting to the Gandhian`s reported
statement that he would campaign against the Congress if the
Jan Lokpal Bill was not passed in the winter session of
The Union Minister for Heavy Industries and Public
Enterprise said the BJP should introspect first before raising
the issue of corruption as some of its party-men were
themselves accused in graft cases.
"The party, whose members are themselves facing
corruption charges and whose Chief Minister (referring to
former Karnataka CM B S Yeddyurappa) has recently come out of
jail, need to first introspect if they can speak on the
issue," he said.
"If they (BJP) can speak they should know what to speak.
We do not need to advise them on this," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!