Hazare targets both Congress and BJP on corruption
Ralegan Siddhi: Targeting both Congress and BJP, Anna Hazare today said those whose hands are "blackened" with corruption are levelling allegations against each other and that they cannot provide any future to the country.
Hazare`s comments came on a day when members of his disbanded team staged a protest against Congress and BJP in New Delhi, marching to the residences of the Prime Minister and Congress and BJP chiefs on the issue of coal block allocation.
As the 75-yar-old social activist came out with a new blog handle which is different from the one on the official website of India Against Corruption(IAC), he said people will have to think now that no party will give a future to the country.
"Those whose hands are blackened are levelling allegations(of corruption) against each other. People have to think now, no side or party, will give future to the country, Hazare told reporters at his native village in Maharashtra to a question about the stalemate between BJP and the Congress in Parliament over CAG`s report on allocation of coal blocks.
"If the future is to be given to the nation, then those who have foresight should be sent to Parliament, don`t see any side or party, from it. This country`s future will not be bright," he told reporters.
Hazare`s new blog handle is the third in the past over an year with the first one, operated by journalist Raju Parulekar, being closed following a bitter feud between them.
The new handle -- annahazarethinks.Blogspot.In -- and the first post on Jan Lokpal was put in public domain on twitter by Hazare`s close aide Suresh Pathare.
After falling out with Parulekar in November last year, Hazare`s blog -- annahazaresays -- was managed by India against Corruption, the erstwhile Team Anna, in its official website.
The first post in the new blog talked about his pet theme Jan Lokpal Bill and how the government "cheated" the country on the issue.
His last blog appeared in the IAC website only six days back in which he alleged that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was "misleading" the country on the Lokpal Bill issue.
Asked about the need for a new blog, Pathare told PTI through a text message, "Yes it`s a new blog. Whenever he is in Ralegan Siddhi, it`s easy to update it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday