Hazare threatens agitation if Lokpal Bill is weak
New Delhi: On the eve of winter session,
social activist Anna Hazare on Monday raised the pitch on Lokpal
issue, threatening to launch another agitation if a "weak"
bill is brought in Parliament.
"Currently it is with the Standing Committee and they
(MPs) are discussing it. I do not know in which form it will
come. But if they bring a weak Jan Lokpal Bill then again I
will go to Ramlila ground," Hazare told.
Winter session is beginning tomorrow and the government
has listed the Lokpal Bill 2011 for discussion and passing in
parliament among other Bills.
"It is an honour to die for a cause and I will resort to
agitation again for a strong Lokpal Bill," Hazare said.
Hazare had launched and indefinite hunger strike in August
at Ramlila Ground here to press for a strong Lokpal. He ended
his 12-day fast after Parliament endorsed in principle three
of his key demands to deal with corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO