Hazare threatens agitation if Lokpal Bill is weak
New Delhi: On the eve of winter session,
social activist Anna Hazare on Monday raised the pitch on Lokpal
issue, threatening to launch another agitation if a "weak"
bill is brought in Parliament.
"Currently it is with the Standing Committee and they
(MPs) are discussing it. I do not know in which form it will
come. But if they bring a weak Jan Lokpal Bill then again I
will go to Ramlila ground," Hazare told.
Winter session is beginning tomorrow and the government
has listed the Lokpal Bill 2011 for discussion and passing in
parliament among other Bills.
"It is an honour to die for a cause and I will resort to
agitation again for a strong Lokpal Bill," Hazare said.
Hazare had launched and indefinite hunger strike in August
at Ramlila Ground here to press for a strong Lokpal. He ended
his 12-day fast after Parliament endorsed in principle three
of his key demands to deal with corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi