Hazare threatens agitation if Lokpal Bill is weak
New Delhi: On the eve of winter session,
social activist Anna Hazare on Monday raised the pitch on Lokpal
issue, threatening to launch another agitation if a "weak"
bill is brought in Parliament.
"Currently it is with the Standing Committee and they
(MPs) are discussing it. I do not know in which form it will
come. But if they bring a weak Jan Lokpal Bill then again I
will go to Ramlila ground," Hazare told.
Winter session is beginning tomorrow and the government
has listed the Lokpal Bill 2011 for discussion and passing in
parliament among other Bills.
"It is an honour to die for a cause and I will resort to
agitation again for a strong Lokpal Bill," Hazare said.
Hazare had launched and indefinite hunger strike in August
at Ramlila Ground here to press for a strong Lokpal. He ended
his 12-day fast after Parliament endorsed in principle three
of his key demands to deal with corruption.
- Subramanian Swamy heaps praise on PM Narendra Modi over functioning in Parliament - Here's what he said
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday
- The dew drop of Saturn – See pic!
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'