Hazare undergoes medical tests in Delhi
Gurgaon: Anna Hazare, suffering from
persistent cough and back pain, today underwent a check-up at
a super-speciality hosptial here before he heads to Bangalore
for naturopathy treatment in the next couple of days.
Hazare flew down to Delhi from Pune at around 1:30 pm and
straightaway left for Medanta Medicity headed by eminent
cardiologist Naresh Trehan where he underwent a series of
The 74-year-old activist was treated for acute bronchitis
at a hospital in Mumbai earlier this month after he called off
his hunger strike for a strong Lokpal Bill midway. He was
discharged on January eight.
Hazare is suffering from cough, back-pain, high blood
pressure and has swellings in his legs.
Team Anna sources alleged that he was administered
anti-biotics and steroids in overdose during some earlier
treatment. Doctors at Medanta Medicity did not confirm this
Dr R R Kasliwal, head of internal medicine at Medanta
Medicity who is attending on him said, "He came to us with
complaints of breathlessness and high blood pressure. We will
conduct a couple of investigations and he will undergo
treatment for both."
"He has come to us with a specific problem and we are
treating him for that. As far as we we know he has no heart
ailment and his vital organs are all right," he said.
Hazare is likely to stay in Medanta for next couple of
days after which he will be shifted to Bangalore`s Jindal
Earlier, after calling off his 12-day hunger strike in
Ramlila Maidan in August last year, Hazare had gone to Medanta
The doctors led by Naresh Trehan had also constantly
monitored his condition during the Ramlila agitation.
Hazare`s health condition forced him to call off the
jail bharo agitation and prevented him taking a tour of the
five poll-bound states.
However, he has said that he will embark on a nation-wide
tour soon after he recovers from his illness during which he
will "awaken" the people on the issue of corruption.
"Soon after I regain my health, I will embark on an all-
India tour. Then the corrupt people will understand that the
allegations they level against me will not have an effect on
people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi