H’bad blast: CBI likely to quizz RSS leader again
New Delhi: RSS leader Indresh Kumar is likely to be quizzed again by the CBI, which is scrutinising documents submitted by him after he faced the agency sleuths recently in connection with the probe into the Mecca Masjid blast case.
Official sources said that Kumar, who has been a member of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh`s (RSS) Central Working Committee for the past four years, was asked to submit a number of documents by the agency including his bank details.
Kumar has submitted a set of photocopied documents after he was questioned by CBI at its office here on December 23, CBI sources said. The move to summon Kumar was prompted by some revelations made by Swami Aseemanad alias Jatin Chatterjee, arrested in connection with the blast, they said.
The RSS leader was questioned for his alleged association with the accused already chargesheeted by the investigating agency in connection with the blast at the Hyderabad`s Mecca Masjid in 2007 that left nine persons dead and 70 injured.
Kumar will submit more documents sought by the agency and is likely to be called again for questioning, the sources said.
Kumar had alleged that CBI`s move to question him was a "conspiracy" by the Congress and denied any involvement in the case.
"I have been called here under a fabricated story. I have been living a transparent life ever since my birth and association with RSS. I have devoted my entire life to the nation," he had told reporters before entering CBI office for questioning.
"For the past many years, Congress party and its certain leaders are trying to harm both RSS and my image which has also been exposed through Wikileaks," he had said.
The CBI had earlier this month filed a charge sheet in connection with blast case naming Devendra Gupta and Lokesh Sharma, who were arrested by the Rajasthan ATS for their alleged role in Ajmer Dargah blast case in 2007.
All the accused were said to be having links with a right-wing Hindu group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg