H’bad blast: CBI likely to quizz RSS leader again
New Delhi: RSS leader Indresh Kumar is likely to be quizzed again by the CBI, which is scrutinising documents submitted by him after he faced the agency sleuths recently in connection with the probe into the Mecca Masjid blast case.
Official sources said that Kumar, who has been a member of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh`s (RSS) Central Working Committee for the past four years, was asked to submit a number of documents by the agency including his bank details.
Kumar has submitted a set of photocopied documents after he was questioned by CBI at its office here on December 23, CBI sources said. The move to summon Kumar was prompted by some revelations made by Swami Aseemanad alias Jatin Chatterjee, arrested in connection with the blast, they said.
The RSS leader was questioned for his alleged association with the accused already chargesheeted by the investigating agency in connection with the blast at the Hyderabad`s Mecca Masjid in 2007 that left nine persons dead and 70 injured.
Kumar will submit more documents sought by the agency and is likely to be called again for questioning, the sources said.
Kumar had alleged that CBI`s move to question him was a "conspiracy" by the Congress and denied any involvement in the case.
"I have been called here under a fabricated story. I have been living a transparent life ever since my birth and association with RSS. I have devoted my entire life to the nation," he had told reporters before entering CBI office for questioning.
"For the past many years, Congress party and its certain leaders are trying to harm both RSS and my image which has also been exposed through Wikileaks," he had said.
The CBI had earlier this month filed a charge sheet in connection with blast case naming Devendra Gupta and Lokesh Sharma, who were arrested by the Rajasthan ATS for their alleged role in Ajmer Dargah blast case in 2007.
All the accused were said to be having links with a right-wing Hindu group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?