HC asks BBMP to submit documents
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today
asked Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) to submit all
documents relating to issue of prequalification tender
notifications to award work contracts to the tune of several
crores of Rupees.
A division bench, headed by Justice V Gopala Gowda
directed BBMP to submit the documents when the case comes up
BBMP, in an affidavit filed during the hearing on an
interlocutory application moved by former Mayor P R Ramesh and
others on January 19, had stated that it is withdrawing all
short-term tenders called on January 13, 2010. However, it
sought permission to proceed with the prequalification tenders
called on September 30, last year.
BBMP had called for tenders worth Rs 300 crore to clear
and process solid waste on September 30, 2009.
The process was however stayed by the High Court, following
a PIL by Ramesh. The tenders were again floated on January in
2010 in 20 parts. The court had sought an affidavit from BBMP
at the previous hearing after the petitioner moved an IA.
The case has been adjourned for tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed