HC directs CID to probe death of a girl in Gadkari`s car
Nagpur: The Nagpur bench of the Bombay High Court has directed the state CID to investigate the death of a seven-year-old girl, who died in the car of BJP president
Nitin Gadkari in May, last year.
A division bench of Justice A P Lavande and Justice P B Varale issued the directives on Friday on a criminal writ petition filed by Vimal and Ashok Thakre, the parents of
Yogita Thakre, who had demanded a CBI probe into the death.
The HC bench directed the state CID to complete the probe at the earliest.
Yogita was found dead in mysterious circumstances on May 19, 2009 in a luxury car at Gadkari Wada, an old residential compound, of then state BJP president Gadkari in Mahal in eastern part of the city.
The post mortem report noted that the girl died due to smothering.
Police initially registered a case of accidental death and later registered a case of murder and destroying of evidences against unknown persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony