HC directs CID to probe death of a girl in Gadkari`s car
Nagpur: The Nagpur bench of the Bombay High Court has directed the state CID to investigate the death of a seven-year-old girl, who died in the car of BJP president
Nitin Gadkari in May, last year.
A division bench of Justice A P Lavande and Justice P B Varale issued the directives on Friday on a criminal writ petition filed by Vimal and Ashok Thakre, the parents of
Yogita Thakre, who had demanded a CBI probe into the death.
The HC bench directed the state CID to complete the probe at the earliest.
Yogita was found dead in mysterious circumstances on May 19, 2009 in a luxury car at Gadkari Wada, an old residential compound, of then state BJP president Gadkari in Mahal in eastern part of the city.
The post mortem report noted that the girl died due to smothering.
Police initially registered a case of accidental death and later registered a case of murder and destroying of evidences against unknown persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players