HC directs Hasan Ali`s wife to appear before ED
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court Thursday directed
Rheema Khan, wife of Hasan Ali Khan, arrested for alleged
money laundering scam, to appear before the Enforcement
Directorate (ED) this afternoon and on three days in the next
week for questioning.
A division bench of Justices B H Marlapalle and U D Salvi
was hearing a petition filed by Rheema seeking to quash the
proceedings initiated against her under the Prevention of
Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
The court remarked that at this stage it could grant any
relief as the Supreme Court is already monitoring the
Additional Solicitor General Darius Khambatta informed
the court that the ED has issued 23 summons to Rheema asking
her to appear for questioning but she has complied to only one
Advocate I A Bagaria appearing for Rheema told the court
that she would go to the agency`s office for recording her
statement following which the bench directed her to appear
before the agency.
Rheema will have to go to the ED office today besides
August 1, August 3, and August 5 between 3 pm to 5 pm.
Bagaria argued that since the apex court had directed for
an SIT to probe into the black money case, the present agency
(ED) is not competent to investigate the matter now.
"But has the SIT been formed and taken over the case, the
order might be there but has it been implemented," questioned
Justice Marlapalle to which Kambatta said a notification would
be issued soon.
The court has asked ED to file a reply within two weeks
on Rheema`s prayer to quash the proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar