HC dismisses Tiwari`s plea against fine in paternity suit
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday dismissed veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari`s plea challenging imposition of Rs 75,000 as cost on him for seeking deletion of certain paragraphs from a paternity suit filed against him by a man claiming to be his biological son.
A bench of justices Vikramjit Sen and Mukta Gupta also refused to allow 84-year-old Tiwari to amend his application in which he had opposed the claim made in the paternity suit.
Tiwari had approached the division bench after a single judge of the high court had on August 13 dismissed his plea seeking deletion of some portions of the paternity suit.
The judge had also asked him to pay Rs 75,000 to the petitioner of the paternity suit, Shekhar.
The former Andhra Pradesh governor had contended that the judge had erred in rejecting his plea and imposing the cost as it was done without issuing a notice to the other
Tiwari had sought deletion of the paragraph from the suit in which Shekhar had alleged that the veteran leader avoided meeting him at the Delhi Airport when he made an
attempt to do so in 2005.
Earlier, Tiwari had refused to undergo a DNA test and denied ever having any physical relationship with the petitioner`s mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in