HC dismisses Tiwari`s plea against fine in paternity suit
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday dismissed veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari`s plea challenging imposition of Rs 75,000 as cost on him for seeking deletion of certain paragraphs from a paternity suit filed against him by a man claiming to be his biological son.
A bench of justices Vikramjit Sen and Mukta Gupta also refused to allow 84-year-old Tiwari to amend his application in which he had opposed the claim made in the paternity suit.
Tiwari had approached the division bench after a single judge of the high court had on August 13 dismissed his plea seeking deletion of some portions of the paternity suit.
The judge had also asked him to pay Rs 75,000 to the petitioner of the paternity suit, Shekhar.
The former Andhra Pradesh governor had contended that the judge had erred in rejecting his plea and imposing the cost as it was done without issuing a notice to the other
Tiwari had sought deletion of the paragraph from the suit in which Shekhar had alleged that the veteran leader avoided meeting him at the Delhi Airport when he made an
attempt to do so in 2005.
Earlier, Tiwari had refused to undergo a DNA test and denied ever having any physical relationship with the petitioner`s mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH