HC extends status quo on Ayodhya verdict till May 31
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court Wednesday
extended till May 31 the status quo on the implementation on its September 30 order on the Ayodhya title suits.
While extending the status quo, a special Lucknow full
bench of the court comprising justices S U Khan, Sudhir
Agarwal and V K Dixit reserved its order on three review
petitions filed by local lawyer M Ismail Farooqui.
Farooqui had moved petitions seeking review in the
judgement on the suits of Rajendra Singh, Nirmohi Akhara and
Bhagwan Ram Lala Virajman.
The court had earlier extended the status quo till
In its September 30 order, the court had provided
three months time for filing the appeal while directing that
the judgement shall not be operative for three months from
The court had ruled by a majority verdict that the
disputed land in Ayodhya be divided equally into three parts
among Hindus and Muslims and that the place where the
makeshift temple of Lord Ram exists belongs to Hindus.
The next sitting of the full bench will take place on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day