HC grants interim injection on a suit against Subramanian Swamy
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Thursday granted an interim injunction on a suit filed against BJP leader Subramanian Swamy by a Chennai-based consultancy firm in the High Court of Singapore.
On a civil suit filed by Swamy, Justice R Sudhakar said the prima facie case as well as the balance of convenience was in favour of the petitioner and granted interim injunction, restraining the Advantage Strategic Consulting Private Limited through its Principal Common Director Chinna Bala Reddy Nageswar Reddy and the Advantage Strategic Consulting Singapore Pvt Ltd, Singapore, from proceeding against Subramanyan Swamy in the High Court of Singapore.
The company filed a civil suit in the High Court of Singapore on July 13 last year alleging that Swamy made allegations on its role in the Aircel-Maxis deal during a press conference at Delhi on April 26 last year.
It had contended that its subsidiary’s reputation and goodwill were gravely injured in Singapore by the statements by Swamy in the press conference.
Swamy in his petition said the cause of action arose only in India where the press conference was held and the firm, which filed the suit was also based in Chennai and was having a registered office at Chennai.
He further submitted he resided both in New Delhi and Chennai and hence Chennai was the most obvious place where the litigation had to be pursued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites