HC hearing on final decree on Ayodhya verdict on Dec 10
Lucknow: The preliminary decree on the
Allahabad High court verdict on Ram Janm Bhoomi-Babri Masjid title suits has been prepared and the parties have been asked to file their objections or suggestions within six working
days from today, an official said.
A notification in this regard was issued by the Joint
Registrar (Listing), the official said, adding the hearing to
finalise the decree will take place on December 10 before the
special three-judge bench.
The concerned parties have been asked to file their
objections or suggestions, if any , within six working days
from today, he said.
On September 30, a three-judge Lucknow bench of the
Allahabad High Court had pronounced its judgement that the
2.77 acre disputed land in Ayodhya be divided into three parts
among Hindus and Muslims. It held that the place where the
makeshift temple of Lord Rama currently exists belongs to the
The majority 2-1 verdict running into nearly 8,000
pages had come after nearly 60 years of tortuous litigation
over who holds the title to the disputed site.
Justices S U Khan, Sudhir Agarwal and D V Sharma had
written separate judgements but the majority verdict held that
the area covered by the central dome of the three-domed
structure where the idol of Lord Rama is presently situated
belongs to Hindus.
Justices Khan and Agarwal had said the entire disputed
land should be divided into three equal parts, each to be
given to Sunni Waqf Board, Nirmohi Akhara and the parties
representing `Ram Lalla Virajman` (seated Baby Ram).
The majority judges had declared maintenance of status
quo at the disputed land for three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan