HC issues notice to DMRC on metro mishap
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued a notice to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on a petition that stated that the DMRC was grossly negligent in connection with the Zamrudpur mishap.
The petition called for the setting up of an independent committee to investigate the Zamrudpur – in South Delhi - incident, in which six persons were killed.
On July 24, the High Court had issued a notice to Gammon India, a contractor of Delhi Metro Rail project, on a petition filed by family members of victims of the July 12 mishap, seeking compensation.
Family members of four persons who lost their lives in the July 12 mishap have filed a joint petition in the High Court.
Justice Rewa Kshetrapal adjourned the case till August 20 and asked the company to file response by then.
The petitioners pleaded before the court that the family of the deceased should get a compensation of Rs 50 lakh each while injured persons should be given Rs 25 lakh each, from the Gammon India Company.
Six persons, including an engineer, were killed and over a dozen others injured when an under-construction over-bridge of the Delhi Metro collapsed on July 12 near Nehru Place in south Delhi. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'