HC issues notice to ND Tiwari on paternity suit
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday issued notice to veteran politician and former Andhra Pradesh
Governor ND Tiwari on a paternity suit filed by a youth
claiming to be his biological son.
A Bench headed by Chief Justice A P Shah asked Tiwari
to give his response by February 9 on the suit filed by Rohit
Shekhar, 30, seeking its direction to declare Tiwari is his
Shekhar filed an appeal before a Division Bench
challenging a single-bench order which had dismissed his
petition on the ground that it was not maintainable.
Justice S N Dhingra had on November 3 last said the
suit filed by Shekhar is not maintainable and allowed the plea
of 84-year-old Tiwari who had sought dismissal of the
The Court had said it has no territorial jurisdiction
to hear the case as Tiwari, then Andhra Pradesh Governor, was
in Hyderabad and a suit against him could be filed only in
The appeal comes within days of Tiwari resigning
as Governor in the wake of a sex scandal with a news channel
purportedly showing him in a compromising position with three
women. Tiwari has dismissed the allegation as "baseless".
A law graduate, Shekhar, 30, filed the suit claiming
he was born out of an intimate relationship between his mother
Ujjwala Sharma and Tiwari, a charge denied by the latter.
Tiwari was earlier directed by the court in November
2008 to file his reply in which he had refuted all the
allegations and submitted that the suit was filed to malign
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!