HC issues notice to ND Tiwari on paternity suit
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday issued notice to veteran politician and former Andhra Pradesh
Governor ND Tiwari on a paternity suit filed by a youth
claiming to be his biological son.
A Bench headed by Chief Justice A P Shah asked Tiwari
to give his response by February 9 on the suit filed by Rohit
Shekhar, 30, seeking its direction to declare Tiwari is his
Shekhar filed an appeal before a Division Bench
challenging a single-bench order which had dismissed his
petition on the ground that it was not maintainable.
Justice S N Dhingra had on November 3 last said the
suit filed by Shekhar is not maintainable and allowed the plea
of 84-year-old Tiwari who had sought dismissal of the
The Court had said it has no territorial jurisdiction
to hear the case as Tiwari, then Andhra Pradesh Governor, was
in Hyderabad and a suit against him could be filed only in
The appeal comes within days of Tiwari resigning
as Governor in the wake of a sex scandal with a news channel
purportedly showing him in a compromising position with three
women. Tiwari has dismissed the allegation as "baseless".
A law graduate, Shekhar, 30, filed the suit claiming
he was born out of an intimate relationship between his mother
Ujjwala Sharma and Tiwari, a charge denied by the latter.
Tiwari was earlier directed by the court in November
2008 to file his reply in which he had refuted all the
allegations and submitted that the suit was filed to malign
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues