HC moved for probe into NGOs of Khurshid, Kejriwal, Sisodia
Allahabad: A petition was on Friday filed in the Allahabad High Court by an estranged associate of Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia demanding an inquiry into the funding and functioning of NGOs being run by the two activists as also those by Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
The Public Interest Litigation filed by Raju Parulekar, who was an active member of the disbanded Team Anna and has described himself in his affidavit as a journalist from Gautam Buddh Nagar (Noida), has sought an "inquiry by an independent agency free from political interference" into NGOs run by Khurshid, Kejriwal and the latter`s close aide Manish Sisodia.
The PIL came up before a division bench comprising acting Chief Justice Amitava Lala and Justice Pradeep Kumar Singh Baghel who adjourned hearing in the matter till October 29.
Parulekar, who is widely believed to have ghost-written a blog for Anna Hazare before dissociating himself from the Gandhian`s anti-graft campaign, had last year sparked a controversy by accusing Kejriwal and some other Team Anna members of being "undemocratic and fascist".
Kejriwal had recently alleged an NGO run by Khurshid`s wife Louise was involved in financial wrongdoings, a charge refuted by the Union Minister and his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!