HC moved for probe into NGOs of Khurshid, Kejriwal, Sisodia
Allahabad: A petition was on Friday filed in the Allahabad High Court by an estranged associate of Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia demanding an inquiry into the funding and functioning of NGOs being run by the two activists as also those by Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
The Public Interest Litigation filed by Raju Parulekar, who was an active member of the disbanded Team Anna and has described himself in his affidavit as a journalist from Gautam Buddh Nagar (Noida), has sought an "inquiry by an independent agency free from political interference" into NGOs run by Khurshid, Kejriwal and the latter`s close aide Manish Sisodia.
The PIL came up before a division bench comprising acting Chief Justice Amitava Lala and Justice Pradeep Kumar Singh Baghel who adjourned hearing in the matter till October 29.
Parulekar, who is widely believed to have ghost-written a blog for Anna Hazare before dissociating himself from the Gandhian`s anti-graft campaign, had last year sparked a controversy by accusing Kejriwal and some other Team Anna members of being "undemocratic and fascist".
Kejriwal had recently alleged an NGO run by Khurshid`s wife Louise was involved in financial wrongdoings, a charge refuted by the Union Minister and his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report