HC moved for probe into NGOs of Khurshid, Kejriwal, Sisodia
Allahabad: A petition was on Friday filed in the Allahabad High Court by an estranged associate of Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia demanding an inquiry into the funding and functioning of NGOs being run by the two activists as also those by Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
The Public Interest Litigation filed by Raju Parulekar, who was an active member of the disbanded Team Anna and has described himself in his affidavit as a journalist from Gautam Buddh Nagar (Noida), has sought an "inquiry by an independent agency free from political interference" into NGOs run by Khurshid, Kejriwal and the latter`s close aide Manish Sisodia.
The PIL came up before a division bench comprising acting Chief Justice Amitava Lala and Justice Pradeep Kumar Singh Baghel who adjourned hearing in the matter till October 29.
Parulekar, who is widely believed to have ghost-written a blog for Anna Hazare before dissociating himself from the Gandhian`s anti-graft campaign, had last year sparked a controversy by accusing Kejriwal and some other Team Anna members of being "undemocratic and fascist".
Kejriwal had recently alleged an NGO run by Khurshid`s wife Louise was involved in financial wrongdoings, a charge refuted by the Union Minister and his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla