HC notice to PMO, Centre on appointment of Rly Board Chairman
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday
issued notices to the Prime Minisiter`s Office (PMO) and the
Railway Ministry on a plea challenging appointment of Vivek
Sahai as Chairman of the Railway Board.
"Issue notice to the respondents (PMO, Railways, CVC,
and Sahai) for August 10," a division bench of Chief Justice
Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna said.
The notices were issued on a PIL filed by Suresh
Tripathi, a Thane-based editor of `Paripurn Railway Samachar`,
alleging that the appointment of Sahai was "illegal" and he be
removed from his post.
The petition has also sought that Sahai, who is due to
retire on June 30, be not granted any extension in service by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II