HC notice to PMO, Centre on appointment of Rly Board Chairman
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday
issued notices to the Prime Minisiter`s Office (PMO) and the
Railway Ministry on a plea challenging appointment of Vivek
Sahai as Chairman of the Railway Board.
"Issue notice to the respondents (PMO, Railways, CVC,
and Sahai) for August 10," a division bench of Chief Justice
Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna said.
The notices were issued on a PIL filed by Suresh
Tripathi, a Thane-based editor of `Paripurn Railway Samachar`,
alleging that the appointment of Sahai was "illegal" and he be
removed from his post.
The petition has also sought that Sahai, who is due to
retire on June 30, be not granted any extension in service by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert