HC notice to PMO, Centre on appointment of Rly Board Chairman
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday
issued notices to the Prime Minisiter`s Office (PMO) and the
Railway Ministry on a plea challenging appointment of Vivek
Sahai as Chairman of the Railway Board.
"Issue notice to the respondents (PMO, Railways, CVC,
and Sahai) for August 10," a division bench of Chief Justice
Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna said.
The notices were issued on a PIL filed by Suresh
Tripathi, a Thane-based editor of `Paripurn Railway Samachar`,
alleging that the appointment of Sahai was "illegal" and he be
removed from his post.
The petition has also sought that Sahai, who is due to
retire on June 30, be not granted any extension in service by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi