HC notice to PMO, Centre on appointment of Rly Board Chairman
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday
issued notices to the Prime Minisiter`s Office (PMO) and the
Railway Ministry on a plea challenging appointment of Vivek
Sahai as Chairman of the Railway Board.
"Issue notice to the respondents (PMO, Railways, CVC,
and Sahai) for August 10," a division bench of Chief Justice
Dipak Misra and Justice Sanjiv Khanna said.
The notices were issued on a PIL filed by Suresh
Tripathi, a Thane-based editor of `Paripurn Railway Samachar`,
alleging that the appointment of Sahai was "illegal" and he be
removed from his post.
The petition has also sought that Sahai, who is due to
retire on June 30, be not granted any extension in service by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you