HC notices to Subramanian Swamy on Sonia, Rahul plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday issued notices to BJP leader Subramanian Swamy and the Delhi government on a plea filed by Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul.
The petition was filed by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the party`s vice-president Rahul against the summons issued to them for allegedly cheating and misappropriating funds of a company that published the now defunct National Herald newspaper.
Justice VP Vaish sought response from Swamy and the Delhi government by August 5.
A trial court June 26 issued summons to the Gandhis and four others - Congress treasurer Moti Lal Vora, general secretary Oscar Fernandes and Young Indian Private Ltd. (a firm in which the Gandhis have a stake) directors Suman Dubey and Sam Pitroda - asking them to appear before it Aug 7.
Vora also approached the high court along with the Gandhis, who each own a 38 percent stake in the firm, seeking quashing of summons of the trial court and the complaint filed by Bharatiya Janata Party leader Swamy.
Filing the plea, the Congress leaders said Swamy is a political opponent and present criminal proceedings have been initiated only with intent to secure an oblique political objective.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview