HC refuses relief to Khurshid over expulsion from DPS Society
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday
refused to stay the expulsion of Union Minister Salman
Khurshid from Delhi Public School (DPS) Society.
"No case is made out for grant of injunction and prima
facie, there is no infirmity in the impugned notice dated 1st
September, 2008," Justice Manmohan Singh said.
The Court passed the order on a petition filed by
Khurshid who had alleged the Society had taken action against
him after he objected to its action of illegally collecting
money from schools in the name of licence fee and signing fee,
which is against the norms of the Delhi Education Act.
Khurshid was not a minister at the time of his
The Court, however, refused to grant him interim
relief after noting that he didn`t make representation against
his expulsion from the body within mandatory 30 days period
after the notice was served to him.
"The circumstances of the present case reveal that the
plaintiff (Khurshid) does not appear to have raised any
objection before the Society for being condemned unheard. In
fact, the plaintiff has time and again reiterated that he
would not appear before a kangaroo court," the court said.
The Court, however, allowed the minister to make
representation before the Society within two weeks and it
stayed the operation of its order for a period of four weeks.
Khurshid was a member of the Society, which runs
130 schools across the country, since 1984 and its President
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand