HC refuses to stay declaration of results of IIT-JEE
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today
refused to stay declaration of results of prestigious IIT
Joint Entrance Examination for 2010-11 on the allegations that
there were errors in instructions in question papers and a
faulty marking system was adopted by the organising committee
for the tests.
The High Court also declined to give a direction to IIT
for holding the examination afresh.
"We are dismissing the applications (for staying the
declaration of results and conducting afresh the entrance
tests)," a Bench comprising Acting Chief Justice Madan B Lokur
and Justice Mukta Gupta said on two separate PILs filed in
The results were scheduled to be declared on May 26.
However, the court kept the petitions filed on the
issue pending by directing the IIT`s organising committee for
JEE to demonstrate before it on June 2 the software
adopted for evaluation of answer sheets.
The court also sought an affidavit from the committee
about the corrective measures taken by it to protect the
IIT-JEE aspirants from any disadvantage.
The counsel appearing for the committee claimed all
corrective measures have been taken and displayed on its
The lawyer admitted there was a printing error in the
Hindi version of the question paper in which 3 marks were
given instead of 8 in the instructions.
He said a decision has been taken by the committee to
give full 8 marks to the candidates and the same is displayed
on the website.
The court was hearing the PILs filed by two NGOs --
Centre for Public Interest Litigation and Satya Foundation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read