HC rejects bail plea of Hasan Ali aide Tapuriah
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Frioday rejected
the bail plea of Kashinath Tapuriah, arrested along with stud
farm owner Hasan Ali Khan for alleged multi-crore money
Justice RP Sondur Baldota, while dismissing the bail
plea, observed that it was a serious offence and prima facie
case is made out.
Tapuriah, in his plea, had claimed that he was implicated
in the case and that it was not the contention of the
Enforcement Directorate (ED) that he (Tapuriah) holds various
bank accounts abroad or that he had received proceeds of
"Prosecution`s case is not that he is beneficiary of
alleged crime. His role, if at all, is attributed post
committal of crime where he advised transfer of money from one
bank account to another," senior counsel Ashok Mundargi argued
on behalf of the Kolkata based businessman.
Relying on ED`s case, Mundargi further contended that the
investigating agency has nowhere said that money came to
ED had opposed the bail application contending that he is
sufficiently influential and has political connections to
tamper with evidence if released on bail.
Additional solicitor general Darius Khambata and advocate
Revati Mohite-Dere while arguing for the investigating agency
claimed that there are chances of him absconding as well since
he had helped Khan in acquiring passports based on forged
documents in 1998 and also for its renewal in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks