HC rejects bail plea of Hasan Ali aide Tapuriah
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Frioday rejected
the bail plea of Kashinath Tapuriah, arrested along with stud
farm owner Hasan Ali Khan for alleged multi-crore money
Justice RP Sondur Baldota, while dismissing the bail
plea, observed that it was a serious offence and prima facie
case is made out.
Tapuriah, in his plea, had claimed that he was implicated
in the case and that it was not the contention of the
Enforcement Directorate (ED) that he (Tapuriah) holds various
bank accounts abroad or that he had received proceeds of
"Prosecution`s case is not that he is beneficiary of
alleged crime. His role, if at all, is attributed post
committal of crime where he advised transfer of money from one
bank account to another," senior counsel Ashok Mundargi argued
on behalf of the Kolkata based businessman.
Relying on ED`s case, Mundargi further contended that the
investigating agency has nowhere said that money came to
ED had opposed the bail application contending that he is
sufficiently influential and has political connections to
tamper with evidence if released on bail.
Additional solicitor general Darius Khambata and advocate
Revati Mohite-Dere while arguing for the investigating agency
claimed that there are chances of him absconding as well since
he had helped Khan in acquiring passports based on forged
documents in 1998 and also for its renewal in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey