HC rejects sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur`s bail plea
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Friday rejected the bail application of sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, one of the prime accused in 2008 Malegaon blast case.
Refusing her bail, Justice S C Dharmadhikari rejected her lawyer`s argument that she had been illegally detained before her formal arrest on October 23, 2008.
Court said the allegation of illegal detention could not be made out.
Her lawyer, senior counsel Mahesh Jethmalani, had argued that she had been in the custody of Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) of Maharashtra since October 10.
But the court noted that she seemed to be free to travel, without police surveillance, between October 10 and October 23.
The court also noted that there was contradictions between her affidavit before the Human Rights Commission, complaining about custodial torture, and her case before the
ATS started probing the Sadhvi`s role in the blast after finding out that the motorcycle on which the bomb was planted allegedly belonged to her.
Six persons were killed in the blast at Malegaon on September 29, 2008, allegedly carried out by right wing group Abhinav Bharat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015