HC reserves order on plea to make Singhvi witness
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday reserved its verdict on a plea against a lower court order which had dropped Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses of a complaint against anti-graft activist Anna Hazare for allegedly instigating public against state.
A bench of Justice Pratibha Rani said it has reserved the judgement which would be pronounced later.
The court reserved its order on Haryana resident Satbir`s plea against the sessions court order, which had upheld a magisterial court`s decision to drop Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses.
Satbir had had sought to prosecute activist Hazare and his colleagues Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
The magisterial court, before which the complaint had been filed, had dropped Singhvi`s name as a witness saying that there was no material in the complaint which could be proved by the Congress leader as a witness.
The magistrate had said Singhvi, a Rajya Sabha member, was made a witness for "sensationalising" the case.
The sessions court later had upheld the magisterial court`s order and had dismissed Satbir`s plea terming it as "non-maintainable".
Satbir had filed the complaint against Hazare, Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital