HC reserves order on plea to make Singhvi witness
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday reserved its verdict on a plea against a lower court order which had dropped Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses of a complaint against anti-graft activist Anna Hazare for allegedly instigating public against state.
A bench of Justice Pratibha Rani said it has reserved the judgement which would be pronounced later.
The court reserved its order on Haryana resident Satbir`s plea against the sessions court order, which had upheld a magisterial court`s decision to drop Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses.
Satbir had had sought to prosecute activist Hazare and his colleagues Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
The magisterial court, before which the complaint had been filed, had dropped Singhvi`s name as a witness saying that there was no material in the complaint which could be proved by the Congress leader as a witness.
The magistrate had said Singhvi, a Rajya Sabha member, was made a witness for "sensationalising" the case.
The sessions court later had upheld the magisterial court`s order and had dismissed Satbir`s plea terming it as "non-maintainable".
Satbir had filed the complaint against Hazare, Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?