HC reserves order on plea to make Singhvi witness
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday reserved its verdict on a plea against a lower court order which had dropped Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses of a complaint against anti-graft activist Anna Hazare for allegedly instigating public against state.
A bench of Justice Pratibha Rani said it has reserved the judgement which would be pronounced later.
The court reserved its order on Haryana resident Satbir`s plea against the sessions court order, which had upheld a magisterial court`s decision to drop Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses.
Satbir had had sought to prosecute activist Hazare and his colleagues Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
The magisterial court, before which the complaint had been filed, had dropped Singhvi`s name as a witness saying that there was no material in the complaint which could be proved by the Congress leader as a witness.
The magistrate had said Singhvi, a Rajya Sabha member, was made a witness for "sensationalising" the case.
The sessions court later had upheld the magisterial court`s order and had dismissed Satbir`s plea terming it as "non-maintainable".
Satbir had filed the complaint against Hazare, Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report