HC reserves order on plea to make Singhvi witness
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday reserved its verdict on a plea against a lower court order which had dropped Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses of a complaint against anti-graft activist Anna Hazare for allegedly instigating public against state.
A bench of Justice Pratibha Rani said it has reserved the judgement which would be pronounced later.
The court reserved its order on Haryana resident Satbir`s plea against the sessions court order, which had upheld a magisterial court`s decision to drop Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses.
Satbir had had sought to prosecute activist Hazare and his colleagues Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
The magisterial court, before which the complaint had been filed, had dropped Singhvi`s name as a witness saying that there was no material in the complaint which could be proved by the Congress leader as a witness.
The magistrate had said Singhvi, a Rajya Sabha member, was made a witness for "sensationalising" the case.
The sessions court later had upheld the magisterial court`s order and had dismissed Satbir`s plea terming it as "non-maintainable".
Satbir had filed the complaint against Hazare, Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi