HC reserves order on plea to make Singhvi witness
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday reserved its verdict on a plea against a lower court order which had dropped Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses of a complaint against anti-graft activist Anna Hazare for allegedly instigating public against state.
A bench of Justice Pratibha Rani said it has reserved the judgement which would be pronounced later.
The court reserved its order on Haryana resident Satbir`s plea against the sessions court order, which had upheld a magisterial court`s decision to drop Singhvi`s name from the list of witnesses.
Satbir had had sought to prosecute activist Hazare and his colleagues Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
The magisterial court, before which the complaint had been filed, had dropped Singhvi`s name as a witness saying that there was no material in the complaint which could be proved by the Congress leader as a witness.
The magistrate had said Singhvi, a Rajya Sabha member, was made a witness for "sensationalising" the case.
The sessions court later had upheld the magisterial court`s order and had dismissed Satbir`s plea terming it as "non-maintainable".
Satbir had filed the complaint against Hazare, Kiran Bedi, Shanti Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal for instigating people against the government last year during their anti-graft campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'