HC showcause to Ruchika`s father in corruption case
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court today issued a show cause notice to the father of
Ruchika Girhotra for whose molestation former Haryana DGP SPS
Rathore has been convicted, for not appearing before the court
in connection with an over 25-year-old graft case in which he
had been granted bail.
Issuing the show cause notice, Justice T P S Mann of
Punjab and Haryana High Court sought an explanation from the
girl`s father S C Girhotra as to why the bail granted to him
in December 1994 in the case should not be cancelled as
neither he nor someone on his behalf appeared before the court
despite two notices issued by it in this regard.
Booked by the CBI in a case of corruption in the year
1983-84, Girhotra had been sentenced to one year imprisonment
by a Special CBI court of Patiala on November 15, 1994 but
granted bail on December 16 the same year.
Girhotra had been found guilty of sanctioning loan to a
non-existent company while he was the manager of United
Commercial Bank in Naya Gaon in Punjab near Chandigarh.
Recently when the HC decided to take up some old cases,
Girhotra’s case came up for hearing but no one appeared on his
behalf before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid