HC showcause to Ruchika`s father in corruption case
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court today issued a show cause notice to the father of
Ruchika Girhotra for whose molestation former Haryana DGP SPS
Rathore has been convicted, for not appearing before the court
in connection with an over 25-year-old graft case in which he
had been granted bail.
Issuing the show cause notice, Justice T P S Mann of
Punjab and Haryana High Court sought an explanation from the
girl`s father S C Girhotra as to why the bail granted to him
in December 1994 in the case should not be cancelled as
neither he nor someone on his behalf appeared before the court
despite two notices issued by it in this regard.
Booked by the CBI in a case of corruption in the year
1983-84, Girhotra had been sentenced to one year imprisonment
by a Special CBI court of Patiala on November 15, 1994 but
granted bail on December 16 the same year.
Girhotra had been found guilty of sanctioning loan to a
non-existent company while he was the manager of United
Commercial Bank in Naya Gaon in Punjab near Chandigarh.
Recently when the HC decided to take up some old cases,
Girhotra’s case came up for hearing but no one appeared on his
behalf before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown