HC showcause to Ruchika`s father in corruption case
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court today issued a show cause notice to the father of
Ruchika Girhotra for whose molestation former Haryana DGP SPS
Rathore has been convicted, for not appearing before the court
in connection with an over 25-year-old graft case in which he
had been granted bail.
Issuing the show cause notice, Justice T P S Mann of
Punjab and Haryana High Court sought an explanation from the
girl`s father S C Girhotra as to why the bail granted to him
in December 1994 in the case should not be cancelled as
neither he nor someone on his behalf appeared before the court
despite two notices issued by it in this regard.
Booked by the CBI in a case of corruption in the year
1983-84, Girhotra had been sentenced to one year imprisonment
by a Special CBI court of Patiala on November 15, 1994 but
granted bail on December 16 the same year.
Girhotra had been found guilty of sanctioning loan to a
non-existent company while he was the manager of United
Commercial Bank in Naya Gaon in Punjab near Chandigarh.
Recently when the HC decided to take up some old cases,
Girhotra’s case came up for hearing but no one appeared on his
behalf before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof