HC to resume hearing on Nupur’s bail plea
New Delhi: The Allahabad High Court will on Monday resume hearing on the bail application of dentist Nupur Talwar, accused in Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case of 2008 along with her husband Rajesh.
A Ghaziabad trial court on Thursday charged dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar with the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The court framed the charges in presence of Talwars in an in-camera session.
Rajesh Talwar has also been charged with misleading the investigation in the double murder case.
Special CBI Judge S Lal ordered that Nupur and Rajesh be charged with the crime under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201/34 (destruction of evidence with common intention).
Rajesh Talwar was also charged under IPC sections 203/34 (misleading police about the crime with common intention).
The CBI had claimed the Talwars` maid, the guard and driver corroborate their `last scene theory` according to which there were four people living in the house and there was no sign of a fifth person`s entry at the time of the murders.
The CBI counsel had said, "Four people were there, two died and two were left. When a murder takes place in a closed house and two are dead, the onus then shifts on those who are alive."
The CBI had also claimed that Aarushi and Hemraj`s injuries were identical. "The golf stick recovered from the house matches the injury. The Talwars refused to identify Hemraj`s body and gave false information regarding the crime scene," the CBI counsel said.
The Talwars` counsel had, however, claimed there was no direct evidence to prove the charges that the CBI claimed against the Talwars.
The CBI had also told the court in Ghaziabad that Rajesh and Nupur killed Aarushi and Hemraj in a fit of rage after finding them in a compromising position, a claim strongly refuted by the dentist couple.
Talwars had contested CBI`s claim, saying sex is no big deal in elite society and does not entail murders.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit at her Noida residence in Jalvayu Vihar on May 16, 2008 and the body of Hemraj was recovered from the terrace a day later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened