HC upholds single judge`s order on govt recruitment process
Chennai: Upholding a single judge`s order, the Madras High Court has ruled that in addition to calling candidates through employment exchanges, wide publicity should be given in newspapers and other modes of publicity for filling up public appointments.
A Division Bench of Justices N Paul Vasanthakumar and M Sathyanarayanan gave the ruling while confirming the orders of a single judge dated August 2, 2012 in a writ petition.
Originally, for filling 25 posts of Village Assistants for 2010, the Tittakudi Tahsildar called candidates from Cuddalore District Employment Exchange only.
Challenging it, K P Jagannathan filed a writ petition to declare the recruitment process without making advertisements in newspapers as illegal, arbitrary and violative of Article 14 of the Constitution.
A single judge allowed the writ petition, holding that in addition to inviting candidates from local employment exchange, wide publicity should be given in newspapers and other modes of publicity. Aggrieved, the Commissioner of Employment and Training and others moved the High Court following this.
Upholding the single judge order, the court also directed the Chief Secretary to forward copies of the order to all heads of departments for strict compliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!