Headley received four `jihadi` videos from Pasha
Washington: David Headley, who has confessed to his involvement in the Mumbai attacks, had received four `jihadi` videos from LeT`s Pasha as part of the terror group`s efforts to indoctrinate him.
During his interrogation, Headley recalled watching videos on Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten`s controversial cartoons on Prophet Mohammad; military attack on Islamabad`s Red Mosque where militants were holed up; and Afghan fighting, according to fresh court documents unsealed by the US Attorney office at the direction of the Chicago court this week.
"Headley first watched the cartoon video with Pasha (also known as Abdur Rehman Hashim Syed), when he returned to Pakistan, from Denmark, in January 2009. When Headley returned to Chicago in July 2009, he gave the Jyllands-Posten Cartoons and Red Mosque videos to Tahawwur RANA and told Rana that these were more jihad videos and described the content," federal prosecutors said in the documents submitted to the court.
According to the court documents, Headley and Rana watched Red Mosque video in the latter`s living room with no one else present.
"Headley said he liked the Red Mosque video and watched it many times with many people and that these types of videos were all over Pakistan. Anders Rasmussen was in the cartoon video and Headley had a discussion on his Yahoo chat group criticising the fact that Rasmussen was appointed head of
North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)," the unsealed court documents said.
Rasmussen was the Prime Minster of Denmark when the cartoons were published and Headley said even though Rasmussen did not agree with the cartoons, he refused to apologise.
Headley also gave Rana the Afghanistan fighting video and Rana commented that they were fighting bravely after watching it, federal prosecutors said.
Headley remembered watching a video reproduction of a car bomb, which was similar in quality to another car bomb reproduction shown to him by LeT`s Zakiur Rehman lakhvi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes