Headley received four `jihadi` videos from Pasha
Washington: David Headley, who has confessed to his involvement in the Mumbai attacks, had received four `jihadi` videos from LeT`s Pasha as part of the terror group`s efforts to indoctrinate him.
During his interrogation, Headley recalled watching videos on Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten`s controversial cartoons on Prophet Mohammad; military attack on Islamabad`s Red Mosque where militants were holed up; and Afghan fighting, according to fresh court documents unsealed by the US Attorney office at the direction of the Chicago court this week.
"Headley first watched the cartoon video with Pasha (also known as Abdur Rehman Hashim Syed), when he returned to Pakistan, from Denmark, in January 2009. When Headley returned to Chicago in July 2009, he gave the Jyllands-Posten Cartoons and Red Mosque videos to Tahawwur RANA and told Rana that these were more jihad videos and described the content," federal prosecutors said in the documents submitted to the court.
According to the court documents, Headley and Rana watched Red Mosque video in the latter`s living room with no one else present.
"Headley said he liked the Red Mosque video and watched it many times with many people and that these types of videos were all over Pakistan. Anders Rasmussen was in the cartoon video and Headley had a discussion on his Yahoo chat group criticising the fact that Rasmussen was appointed head of
North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)," the unsealed court documents said.
Rasmussen was the Prime Minster of Denmark when the cartoons were published and Headley said even though Rasmussen did not agree with the cartoons, he refused to apologise.
Headley also gave Rana the Afghanistan fighting video and Rana commented that they were fighting bravely after watching it, federal prosecutors said.
Headley remembered watching a video reproduction of a car bomb, which was similar in quality to another car bomb reproduction shown to him by LeT`s Zakiur Rehman lakhvi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble