Headley to testify against Illyas Kashmiri, Sajid
Washington: David Headley, who has
pleaded guilty to charges of his involvement in the Mumbai
terror attacks, would testify against his Pakistani handlers,
Illyas Kashmiri and Sajid Mir, a US attorney has said.
Headley will testify in any future prosecutions of
fugitive masterminds such as al-Qaeda chief Ilyas Kashmiri
and LeT`s Sajid Mir, who is charged with a lead role in the
Mumbai plot, Propublica.Com quoted US Attorney Patrick
Fitzgerald as saying.
Headley, a Pakistani-American, was the star
witness in the recently concluded trial of Tahawwur Husain
Rana, who was convicted by a Chicago court on two counts of
terrorism related charges ? participating in the conspiracy of
terror attacks in Denmark and providing material support to
Rana, 50, however, was found not guilty on charges
related to the Mumbai terrorist attacks. He now faces a
maximum jail sentence up to 30 years.
"Fitzgerald declined to discuss details of the case
such as the politically sensitive decision to indict a
suspected ISI officer who served as Headley`s handler and is
known only as Major Iqbal," ProPublica said.
At a news conference in Chicago last week, Fitzgerald
vowed to bring the other six Pak-based defendants to justice
who have been named in the indictment filed by federal
prosecutors before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says