Headley to testify at Mumbai terror trial
Chicago: Pakistani American David Headley, who has pleaded guilty to scouting targets for the 2008 Mumbai terror attack, will testify during the trial of his co-accused Pakistan-born Tahawwur Rana, a Chicago court was told Monday.
Rana provided cover for his friend Headley, who took photos and videos of targets in Mumbai, and Rana let Headley pose as a representative for his Chicago-based immigration business, Assistant US Attorney Sarah Streicker said during her opening statement.
Describing Headley as a clean-cut man who could have been any tourist with a camera in Mumbai, the prosecutor suggested that it was Rana who approved of the plot to attack Mumbai at the behest of the Pakistan based Lashkar-e-Taiba terror group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday