Headley to testify at Mumbai terror trial
Chicago: Pakistani American David Headley, who has pleaded guilty to scouting targets for the 2008 Mumbai terror attack, will testify during the trial of his co-accused Pakistan-born Tahawwur Rana, a Chicago court was told Monday.
Rana provided cover for his friend Headley, who took photos and videos of targets in Mumbai, and Rana let Headley pose as a representative for his Chicago-based immigration business, Assistant US Attorney Sarah Streicker said during her opening statement.
Describing Headley as a clean-cut man who could have been any tourist with a camera in Mumbai, the prosecutor suggested that it was Rana who approved of the plot to attack Mumbai at the behest of the Pakistan based Lashkar-e-Taiba terror group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof