Headley’s acquaintance in India for 9 years
New Delhi: In a new twist to the Headley
case, it now turns out that the US national arrested for
plotting terror strikes in India was in touch with another
American who has been living in this country on a tourist visa
for nine years and running a massage parlour.
During the probe by the National Investigation Agency, it
has emerged that LeT terror suspect David Headley got in touch
with the American and his female companion through his
Moroccan girlfriend in Manali, Home Ministry officials said.
The American was later spotted in Goa. A scrutiny of his
travel documents surprised the security officials who found
that he has been living in India on a tourist visa for the
last nine years.
"He has been doing everything - setting up business,
running a massage parlour, tourist centre etc," they said.
The couple has been interrogated by the NIA which has
recorded their statement. The American and his companion
admitted to knowing the Moroccan woman, who according to the
security agencies, was in Manali doing reconnaissance of a
49-year-old Headley was arrested on October 3 last
for plotting terror strikes in India at the behest of
Pakistan-based Lashker-e-Toiba. Headley has been charge-
sheeted by the FBI for being part of the criminal conspiracy
behind the 26/11 in Mumbai attacks.
Among his targets were the National Defence College in
Delhi, RSS headquarters in Nagpur and some film studios and
BARC in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security