Headley`s estranged wife gives more Mumbai links
New Delhi: Security agencies have been able
to get an insight into the personal life of American terror
suspect David Headley, with his estranged Moroccan wife
telling investigators about connections he had in Mumbai,
including with some socialites.
Faiza Outalha, who, the security agencies suspect had
carried out reconnaissance of certain installations that were
targeted by the Lashker-e-Taiba terrorists in Mumbai on
November 26, 2008, told National Investigation Agency (NIA)
that she was married to 48-year-old Headley but had a divorce
later, official sources said.
The woman flew to Mumbai from Karachi and crossed over
through Wagah border into India the second time. She had come
for the first time in 2007 and stayed with the terror suspect
in Taj Mahal Hotel and later in Oberoi-Trident. Both the
hotels were targeted by the terrorists on 26/11.
She again came in May 2008 via Wagah and went straight
to Manali where she had her holidays near a Jewish house and
later toured other parts of Shimla including Kufri, a
well-known tourist destination.
While she claimed that she had since been divorced as
Headley was having relations with several women, the
investigators also found from her about the terror suspect`s
relations with some upcoming Bollywood actors, prominent
party-hoppers of Mumbai and socialites.
The Moroccan woman informed the NIA sleuths that
Headley`s activities in the hotel were suspicious and both of
them had visited the Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus, a place
which saw Lashker terrorists including the lone arrested
militant Ajmal Kasab raining bullets on people.
On the basis of her statement, the NIA team has also
quizzed an American national in Goa who knew Headley. The US
national, who is not (not) a suspect in the case, has been
hopping in and out of India and had stayed in Manali and Goa
with his Russian girlfriend.
The American, who works as a masseur, has not violated
any of the visa rules of the country and he had informed the
investigators about Headley`s activities in Goa.
Another question bothering the probe agency was how
Outalha entered India through Wagah border which is
exclusively meant for Indian or Pakistani nationals. The woman
is a Moroccan passport holder and could only use the route
through special permission from the Pakistani foreign office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan