Health condition of Sarabjit’s sister deteriorates
Zee Media Bureau
Amritsar: The condition of Dalbir Kaur, sister of Sarabjit, deteriorated on Saturday after she complained of chest pains and has been advised bed rest by the doctor.
"She has high blood pressure (110/160), chest pain and breathing difficulty. I have advised her rest. We are monitoring her health," the doctor treating her said.
Sarabjit`s family members had come to the house of Raj Kumar Verka, vice chairman of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes, to seek help for getting visas to Pakistan. They want to visit Sarabjit at a hospital in Lahore where he has been admitted after a murderous attack on him by fellow prisoners Friday.
Family members said that Dalbir Kaur was resting at Verka`s residence. "She felt anxiety and uneasiness," Sarabjit`s daughter Swapandeep said.
Sarabjit Singh, an Indian national and a death row convict in Pakistan, was in a "deep coma" and put on ventilator support after being assaulted by a group of prisoners in a Pakistani jail, with doctors on Saturday saying that they will not be able to perform surgery on him till his condition stabilises.
Sarabjit was attacked in his barrack which is stated as one of the most secure sections in Kot Lakhpat Jail by his fellow prisoners. He was attacked with blades and pieces of tin, and was hit on the head with bricks.
After the jail authorities came to know of his condition, he was taken to the hospital in the prison. After his condition deteriorated, he was taken to Jinnah Hospital.
Sarabjit was convicted for alleged involvement in a string of bomb attacks in Punjab province that killed 14 people in 1990. His mercy petitions were rejected by the courts and former President Pervez Musharraf.
(With IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police