Health Min panel probes death of infants in UP
New Delhi/Lucknow: A union Health
Ministry panel has initiated probe into the death of four
infants near Lucknow after they were administered anti-measles
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad told reporters in
Delhi that the three-member team, which visited Mohalganj,
would submit their report soon and action will be taken
against those found guilty.
"A team comprising Commissioner, Deputy
Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner (from immunisation
department) along with other doctors have been sent to
Mohalganj," Azad told reporters.
The team will submit the report soon after which
further action will be taken in the matter, he said.
Minutes after they were given the anti-measles drops
during the health department`s immunisation camp yesterday at
an "aaganwari Centre" in Mohanlalganj near Lucknow, the four
infants, all below nine months, showed symptoms of a serious
allergic reaction and died before they could be taken to
hospital for treatment.
An FIR has been lodged at Mohanlalganj police station
against unnamed persons in connection with the incident while
the government has already announced compensation for the
families of the victims.
"The FIR has been registered by Additional Director,
Health and Family Welfare, S A Rizvi at Mohanlalgaj police
station against unnamed persons," said a senior state health
Five health department employees including a doctor,
an employee responsible for maintaining cold chain and three
auxiliary midwife and nurse have been placed under suspension
after being found prima facie guilty while a magisterial
inquiry into the incident is also going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch