Health Min panel probes death of infants in UP
New Delhi/Lucknow: A union Health
Ministry panel has initiated probe into the death of four
infants near Lucknow after they were administered anti-measles
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad told reporters in
Delhi that the three-member team, which visited Mohalganj,
would submit their report soon and action will be taken
against those found guilty.
"A team comprising Commissioner, Deputy
Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner (from immunisation
department) along with other doctors have been sent to
Mohalganj," Azad told reporters.
The team will submit the report soon after which
further action will be taken in the matter, he said.
Minutes after they were given the anti-measles drops
during the health department`s immunisation camp yesterday at
an "aaganwari Centre" in Mohanlalganj near Lucknow, the four
infants, all below nine months, showed symptoms of a serious
allergic reaction and died before they could be taken to
hospital for treatment.
An FIR has been lodged at Mohanlalganj police station
against unnamed persons in connection with the incident while
the government has already announced compensation for the
families of the victims.
"The FIR has been registered by Additional Director,
Health and Family Welfare, S A Rizvi at Mohanlalgaj police
station against unnamed persons," said a senior state health
Five health department employees including a doctor,
an employee responsible for maintaining cold chain and three
auxiliary midwife and nurse have been placed under suspension
after being found prima facie guilty while a magisterial
inquiry into the incident is also going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar