Health Min panel probes death of infants in UP
New Delhi/Lucknow: A union Health
Ministry panel has initiated probe into the death of four
infants near Lucknow after they were administered anti-measles
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad told reporters in
Delhi that the three-member team, which visited Mohalganj,
would submit their report soon and action will be taken
against those found guilty.
"A team comprising Commissioner, Deputy
Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner (from immunisation
department) along with other doctors have been sent to
Mohalganj," Azad told reporters.
The team will submit the report soon after which
further action will be taken in the matter, he said.
Minutes after they were given the anti-measles drops
during the health department`s immunisation camp yesterday at
an "aaganwari Centre" in Mohanlalganj near Lucknow, the four
infants, all below nine months, showed symptoms of a serious
allergic reaction and died before they could be taken to
hospital for treatment.
An FIR has been lodged at Mohanlalganj police station
against unnamed persons in connection with the incident while
the government has already announced compensation for the
families of the victims.
"The FIR has been registered by Additional Director,
Health and Family Welfare, S A Rizvi at Mohanlalgaj police
station against unnamed persons," said a senior state health
Five health department employees including a doctor,
an employee responsible for maintaining cold chain and three
auxiliary midwife and nurse have been placed under suspension
after being found prima facie guilty while a magisterial
inquiry into the incident is also going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY