Health min suggests guidelines for National Ambulance Code
New Delhi: In a bid to have a uniform design and nomenclature for all ambulances, the Health Ministry has suggested to retain design of National Ambulance Service under NRHM while formulating guidelines for National Ambulance Code.
In a letter to Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, the Health Ministry has suggested that as the design and nomenclature of National Ambulance Service is already implemented by various states, it should be retained while framing ambulance designs under National Ambulance Code.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has recently formulated the NAC and is in the process of framing guidelines for the same.
Under the NRHM scheme, 13,847 ambulances are operating in 35 states and more than 500 ambulances have been sanctioned this year for strengthening referral services.
To ensure greater visibility of ambulances running under the scheme, the Health Ministry had decided to have a common design and nomeclature of NAS.
The Health Ministry has also shared guidelines and conditionalities of NAS with the Ministry of Road Tranport and Highways.
The guidelines also suggest fitting the ambulances with GPS systems, avoid any advertisements, rigorous and regular monitoring to be done for optimal and rational use of the vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu