Health min suggests guidelines for National Ambulance Code
New Delhi: In a bid to have a uniform design and nomenclature for all ambulances, the Health Ministry has suggested to retain design of National Ambulance Service under NRHM while formulating guidelines for National Ambulance Code.
In a letter to Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, the Health Ministry has suggested that as the design and nomenclature of National Ambulance Service is already implemented by various states, it should be retained while framing ambulance designs under National Ambulance Code.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has recently formulated the NAC and is in the process of framing guidelines for the same.
Under the NRHM scheme, 13,847 ambulances are operating in 35 states and more than 500 ambulances have been sanctioned this year for strengthening referral services.
To ensure greater visibility of ambulances running under the scheme, the Health Ministry had decided to have a common design and nomeclature of NAS.
The Health Ministry has also shared guidelines and conditionalities of NAS with the Ministry of Road Tranport and Highways.
The guidelines also suggest fitting the ambulances with GPS systems, avoid any advertisements, rigorous and regular monitoring to be done for optimal and rational use of the vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India