Hearing adjourned in Shahi Imam’s poll code violation case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Friday posted to May 1 hearing on a petition in which Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid, Delhi was accused of poll code violation during the 2007 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
Shahi Imam Maulana Ahmad Bukhari was charged with using a helicopter for a poll meeting without obtaining permission from election authorities. The petition pertains to his campaigning for UDF (United Democratic Front) candidate of Khatoli constituency.
The Imam had not appeared before the court today.
Chief judicial magistrate Ramu Rao adjourned the case to May 1.
On the directive of the Election Commission, a case had been registered against Imam, UDF candidate Sabir Ali and party election in-charge Inam Qureshi for using helicopter
without permission on April 10, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH