Hearing adjourned in Shahi Imam’s poll code violation case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Friday posted to May 1 hearing on a petition in which Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid, Delhi was accused of poll code violation during the 2007 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
Shahi Imam Maulana Ahmad Bukhari was charged with using a helicopter for a poll meeting without obtaining permission from election authorities. The petition pertains to his campaigning for UDF (United Democratic Front) candidate of Khatoli constituency.
The Imam had not appeared before the court today.
Chief judicial magistrate Ramu Rao adjourned the case to May 1.
On the directive of the Election Commission, a case had been registered against Imam, UDF candidate Sabir Ali and party election in-charge Inam Qureshi for using helicopter
without permission on April 10, 2007.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani