Hearing on Amit Shah`s bail adjourned
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Wednesday adjourned hearing on a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) appeal seeking cancellation of bail to former Gujarat minister Amit Shah in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake shootout case.
Shah, former minister of state for home, was arrested by the CBI July 25 for his alleged involvement in the killing. He was granted bail by the high court Friday on his executing a personal bond of Rs.1 lakh along with a surety of like amount.
Shah moved the court seeking more time to file his reply to the CBI plea seeking cancellation of his bail. The apex court bench headed by Justice Aftab Alam gave Shah time till Nov 20 to file his reply and another four days till nov 24 to CBI to file its rejoinder.
The matter will come up for hearing Nov 29. As a consequence of Wednesday`s adjournment, Shah would stay away from Gujarat as ordered earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you