Hearing on Amit Shah`s bail adjourned
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Wednesday adjourned hearing on a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) appeal seeking cancellation of bail to former Gujarat minister Amit Shah in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake shootout case.
Shah, former minister of state for home, was arrested by the CBI July 25 for his alleged involvement in the killing. He was granted bail by the high court Friday on his executing a personal bond of Rs.1 lakh along with a surety of like amount.
Shah moved the court seeking more time to file his reply to the CBI plea seeking cancellation of his bail. The apex court bench headed by Justice Aftab Alam gave Shah time till Nov 20 to file his reply and another four days till nov 24 to CBI to file its rejoinder.
The matter will come up for hearing Nov 29. As a consequence of Wednesday`s adjournment, Shah would stay away from Gujarat as ordered earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon